Shrimp Mangalorean Curry
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6-8 pieces of pieces of shrimp
- 1 jar Monkey Madness Mangalorean Curry sauce
- 1 tablespoon of black mustard seeds
- 1 ½ teaspoons vegetable oil
- 5-10 pieces of curry leaves
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add vegetable oil and let it heat for 30 seconds.
- Optional, add black mustard seeds and wait for 30 seconds.
- Add Monkey Madness Mangalorean Curry sauce. If needed, add few tablespoons of water to make the sauce more fluid.
- Add shrimp and stir.
- Cook 10 minutes uncovered, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with cilantro. Serve with rice, your favorite grain, Indian roti, or flatbread.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a skillet over high heat until very hot.
- Add the mustards seeds (be careful – they’ll pop out the skillet), chiles and curry leaves.
- The oil should be hot enough so the curry leaves crackle and turn black right away. The chiles should also turn black. Cook no more than 3 minutes.
- Pour this mixture into the shrimp curry.
- Simmer for 2 minutes.