Chicken Mangalorean Madness
1 Jar Monkey Madness Mangelorean Curry
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs cut in 2-inch pieces
1/2 cup water
For enhanced flavor you may add the following:
1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
4 to 5 dried red chiles
15 to 20 curry leaves
1/2 (13.5-ounce) can coconut milk
- In a pan, add 2 tablespoons of of oil and sautée chicken breast meat for 5-7 minutes.
- Bring 1 jar of Monkey Madness Mangelorean Curry to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked chicken and stir for 3-5 minutes
- For enhanced flavor, but not necessary:
- In a small skillet add tablespoon of oil and then add the mustard seeds (be careful – they’ll pop out the skillet), chiles, and curry leaves. The oil should be hot enough so the curry leaves crackle and turn black right away. The chiles should also turn black.
- Cook no more than 3 minutes.
- Pour this mixture into the Monkey Madness Sauce with the cooked chicken. Stir for 1 minute and it’s ready to be served!
- Blacken mustard seeds in oil to where almost burnt. This takes away the bitterness out of the mustard seeds and adds more flavor to the dish.
- Add milk of your choice or even heavy cream or coconut milk to enhance the richness of the sauce. This will take away the spice level from the sauce as well, so if you like it spicy add fresh green chilies or red pepper powder!
- Cook it on medium to low heat – cooking food on medium low heat enhances the flavor of the sauce allows the protein added to soak in the flavors!
- Also, you may add 4-6 ounces of water or coconut milk to increase the volume of sauce for larger servings.